Sometimes we eat three bunches of bananas a week, sometimes we eat one. On the weeks we fall short, banana bread happens. It is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. Sounds crazy, right? The more a banana ripens… the sweeter it is. Let it shine without the inflammation, calories and tummy aches from typical ingredients!
Next, a very serious topic…are you team nuts or no nuts? My husband likes plain old banana bread with nothing “fancy” added. I like to add everything and anything. The bottom of the recipe is “fancy” stuff I like to add every time.
Either way I make it, it always disappears!
2 cups almond flour
1/4 c. arrowroot flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 SUPER ripe bananas
1/4 c. coconut sugar (optional)
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1 tsp vanilla
OPTIONAL MONSTER STYLE INGREDIENTS:
1/4 c. chocolate chips
1/4 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & grease bread pan with coconut oil
2. Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl
3. Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl
4. Pour the dry bowl into the wet large bowl & combine
5. Add in your optional monster ingredients
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour
**If you add extra ingredients it may affect cooking time. I generally check mine with a toothpick after 30 minutes. It usually takes around 50-55 minutes with the monster ingredients. When you check at 30 minutes glance at the top, if it is starting to brown, cover the top for the rest of the cooking time.